cletus3 Forum Index

cletus3

cletus3

PortalPortal  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  GBGuestbook  User PanelUser Panel  RegisterRegister 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  StatisticsStatistics  LinksLinks  Log inLog in 
 CalendarCalendar  DownloadsDownloads  Comments to your karmaComments to your karma  ToplistToplist  Recent topicsRecent topics  Voting forumVoting forum

giving him five points for the series
Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

View previous topicEmail to a Friend.Users who have viewed this topicSave this topic as a txt filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic
jinshuiqian0713

Appassionato
Appassionato

Iscritti

italy
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2019 06:53:10    Post subject:  giving him five points for the series
Description:

BOSTON - Ricky Romero is here in the literal sense. In the baseball sense, while he continues to put in the time and the work, he could just as easily be somewhere else. Relegated to a long role in the bullpen since returning as a September call up, Romeros appeared in just one game, a two-inning outing against the Angels almost two weeks ago. "Its different," Romero told TSN.ca. "Its definitely something Ive never been used to but Im adapting to it. As they say, youve got to be comfortable being uncomfortable sometimes and Im getting my work done." At this point, it seems doubtful Romero will get a start prior to the season ending next Sunday. Manager John Gibbons remains committed to his current five-man group of R.A. Dickey, Mark Buehrle, J.A. Happ, Todd Redmond and Esmil Rogers. Happ is scheduled to pitch on Monday in a make up game in Chicago, the Jays last remaining game against a fellow non-contender. If there was to be an opportunity for Romero, or Kyle Drabek, to get the call, that would have been it. Romero knows he wont be pitching late in a close game. With the rotations improved performance of late and the larger number of available relievers in September, there havent been many innings to parcel out. Still, Romero tries to stay prepared. "If its been a few days and I feel like I need to work and just kind of to stay fresh Ill go in there and ask (pitching coach) Pete (Walker) and get some work done," he said. "Obviously, like I said, its something that Ive never really been used to. You know, (Friday,) getting up and you fire away and its crazy. Its a different feeling. We have a good group of guys down there that, you just continue to learn and appreciate those guys even more. Not that I didnt before but now youre like, wow, kind of like its a little bit of a chaos that goes down there when that phone rings and everyones just kind of watching (bullpen coach) Pat (Hentgen) to see whose name hes going to call out. "Its a different adrenaline rush," Romero continued. "I dont like it. I like my starter role but, like I said, its a little different but Im adapting to it." Like appearances this month, nothing is guaranteed Romero heading into next season. Hes back on the 40-man roster but he could, once again, be designated for assignment to clear space for someone else. Owed at least $15.6-million over the next two seasons, its difficult to imagine another club making a waiver claim for such a steep price. Romero understands the business side of the game. He tries to avoid thinking about it when possible. "Stay positive and just go about my business and continue to do that and just be ready whenever my name is called," he said. "Thats all I can do. I dont make those decisions on when Im going to come in and stuff like that. All I can do is just continue to come here, put on my uniform and go to work." Admittedly tired of the questions about his future, about how hes handled the adversity of the last almost two calendar years and about where he sees his career going, Romero insists he will emerge stronger than before. "These struggles go beyond baseball," he said. "It goes beyond all that stuff. Its made me tougher in other aspects of life. Its one of those things where this games not easy. I dont want to go out there and fail. I think I have spurts where I go out there and think about it and reflect on stuff. The past, theres nothing I can do about it anymore. Nobodys more disappointed than me but at the same time its a learning experience and from talking to the older guys theyre like, man, this is going to make so much better for years to come for you and one day youre going to look back on it and its not going to matter that much. Thats the way I kind of approach things, one day at a time, come in, do my work and go to home just knowing that youre giving it your all." SANTOS DEALING After his perfect inning on Saturday night, Sergio Santos hasnt allowed a run in 16 appearances dating back to August 16 nor a hit in 14 appearances dating to August 20. "Just command right now," said Santos of whats working for him. "Just kind of, I feel like Im throwing strikes and attacking hitters and just getting myself an opportunity to get ahead. Im doing that so hopefully I can keep doing it." Santos was acquired from the White Sox on December 6, 2011, for Nestor Molina, with the expectation he would be the Blue Jays closer. Injuries opened the door for Casey Janssen to take over the role. He saved 30 games for Chicago two seasons ago and, following a surgical elbow clean up earlier this year, Santos offered up reason for Jays fans to be confident in him down the road. "To me, I feel better (than in 2011,)" he said. "I feel better just because Im able to command my fastball a little more consistently to the inner and outer half so Im feeling good right now, Im kind of in a little groove right now and hopefully I can keep it going for as long as I can." DELABAR GRINDING Steve Delabars been struggling of late. Hes allowed at least one run (five total) in each of his last three appearances, marking only the second time this season hes allowed runs in consecutive outings. Delabar missed most of August with right shoulder inflammation from which hes recovered. Now, he admits, hes fatigued. "Where we are in the season and, you know, mentally just as much as physically everybodys beat down right now," he said. "Everybody on our side is probably on the same level right now. Im just, like everybody else, just grinding it out and finishing the season strong." Delabar, at 30, is completing his first full season in the big leagues and with it has come some lessons. "Youve got to pace yourself," he said. "You come out in April, in spring training, and all the throws that you make from before BP to during BP and you feel great so youre letting it go. You maybe catch a fly ball off the wall and you turn around and you fire it in and you cant do that. Youve got to pace yourself out and realize that those throws count even more later on. Casey (Janssen) and (Darren) Oliver, they tell you that kind of stuff and it really doesnt sink in until you actually need them. Youre going, hey, yeah, that makes sense. Just pace yourself throughout the season and dont go crazy."
Only registered users can see links on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
. Better still, its in the same team and there are 13 races left for it to develop.
.Y. -- The New York Islanders were merely content with a lopsided victory.
Leaning forward with both hands on his knees, Buffon appeared to be resting or somehow trying to withstand the rain. Or perhaps the 36-year-old goalkeeper and Italy captain was reflecting on this: He is only the third player in history to be part of five World Cup squads, along with Germany great Lothar Matthaus and former Mexico goalkeeper Antonio Carbajal.
. “Im not sure well get Melky Cabrera at all,” said Gibbons. The 29-year-old left fielder struggled all season with knee and hamstring problems. Cabrera was first on the disabled list from June 27-July 20 with tendinitis in his left knee.
. Defenceman Tessa Bonhomme was among three players released from the team Tuesday morning along with defenceman Brigette Lacquette of Waterhen, Man.The Rangers take the series lead, again; the Blackhawks blow away the Blues and the Ducks stage a miraculous comeback to oust the Stars. Notes on Couturier, Keith, Seabrook, Miller, Daley, Seguin and more. RANGERS DOUBLE UP FLYERS The New York Rangers got goals from some less likely sources -- including Marc Staal, Dominic Moore and Brian Boyle, into an empty net -- to win Game Five over the Philadelphia Flyers, 4-2, givng the Blueshirts a 3-2 series lead. The other Rangers goal-scorer was Brad Richards, and it came off a goal-mouth scramble that netted J.T. Miller and assist. Miller, the 21-year-old who was a first-round pick in 2011, has 10 points in 56 career games with the Rangers, but had 43 points in 41 AHL games this season and joined a line with Richards and Carl Hagelin. New Yorks line of Derek Stepan, Rick Nash and Martin St. Louis controlled play. Aside from setting up Staals game-opening goal, the trio was on for more than 70% of 5-on-5 shot attempts, mostly against the Flyers line of Sean Couturier, Matt Read and Jason Akeson. Couturier and Read are the Flyers forwards playing the most in this series and Couturier hasnt recorded a single point. Yes, hes a responsible checking centre, but its tough to run a forward out for more than 100 minutes in five games and get no points out of that ice-time investment. Inserted into the Flyers lineup for an injured Nicklas Grossman, Hal Gill had a rough game, involved in two Rangers goals against, and it was a hard situation in which to place a guy who had played two games since Christmas. The series heads back to Philadelphia for Game Six and the Flyers have to find a way to generate better results in a hurry. The Blueshirts hold a possession edge and have the better goaltender. BYE BYE BLUES Tied 1-1 going into the third period of Game Six, the Chicago Blackhawks erupted for four goals to pull away from the St. Louis Blues, finishing off the series. Blackhawks D Duncan Keith led the way offensively, tallying a goal and three assists, and with Keith on the ice, the Blackhawks held a 20-13 (60.6%) edge in shot attempts. With Keith off the ice, the 5-on-5 shot attempts favoured St. Louis 32-16 (66.7%). Keiths defence partner, Brent Seabrook, had a couple of assists in his first game back after serving a three-game suspension, and RW Andrew Shaw added a goal and an assist. Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews was the pace-setter in the series, scoring three goals and seven points, with all of his goals counting as game-winners. Seabrook, who only played in three games due to his suspension, finished the series with six points and Keiths big Game Six gave him seven points for the series as well. For the Blues, there is going to be a lot of reflection because this is a team that expected to last longer than one round in the postseason, but this result shouldnt raise major concerns. They played the Blackhawks very evenly, with four of the six games in the series going to overtime, and had to play two of the games without their No. 1 centre. Considering the late run of injuries that led to the Blues losing six straight to end the regular season, setting up this matchup, its also fair to wonder if the Blues could have fared better with fewer health concerns. The Blues held a >slight possession edge in the series, but got the second-best goaltending results. Chicagos Corey Crawford stopped 201 of 215 shots (.935 SV%) while Blues G Ryan Miller, after getting torched for five goals on 26 shots in the series finale, stopped 166 of 185 (.897 SV%). Could the Blues usee an upgrade or two? Sure, maybe a centre to help Jaden Schwartz and Vladimir Tarasenko, or a premier finisher for the top line that could allow T.ddddddddddddJ. Oshie or Alexander Steen to slide to the second line. In the end, the Blues were a really good team that played well, but not quite well enough to knock off the defending champs, who are legitimate Cup contenders again this year. There is no shame in losing to this Blackhawks team. The Blackhawks will now wait for the winner of the Colorado-Minnesota series and Chicago will be favoured against either one.. FALLING STARS Just when it looked like the Dallas Stars and Anaheim Ducks would be headed back to Anaheim for Game Seven -- with the Stars holding a 4-2 lead late in the third period -- a goal-mouth scramble resulted in coincidental roughing penalties to Dallas Alex Chiasson and Anaheims Andrew Cogliano. 16 seconds later, Nick Bonino tied the game. Then, with 24 seconds left, Devante Smith-Pelly pounced on a loose puck and buried it for the tying goal. 2:47 into overtime, Bonino scored again, giving the Ducks a dramatic 5-4 win in Game Six, allowing the Ducks to escape with a series victory not so long after it appeared that the series was surely going the distance. Bonino and Smith-Pelly each had a pair of goals for Anaheim, while Corey Perry and Teemu Selanne each delivered a pair of assists. Selanne played 14:08 and had five shots on goal, both marking highs for him in a series that saw him made a healthy scratch. That the Ducks won a series in which they yanked starting goaltender Frederik Andersen twice shows just how back-and-forth it was. Andersen was pulled from Game Six after allowing four goals on 12 shots, leaving him with an .892 save percentage in the series; the kind of play that could leave virtually-exiled veteran Jonas Hiller an opportunity to start at some point in Round Two. Hiller stopped all 12 shots he faced after relieving Andersen. The Stars were led in Game Six, and for good portions of the series, by their top defence tandem of Trevor Daley and Alex Goligoski. Daley had two goals and an assist Sunday, while Goligoski added two assists. They combined for nine points in the series and were both on for more than 58% of the 5-on-5 shot attempts when they were on the ice. Stars C Cody Eakin had a goal and an assist in the deciding game, giving him five points for the series; tied with Daley, LW Jamie Benn and C Shawn Horcoff for the team scoring lead. Stars C Tyler Seguin could have used some more reward for what was relatively impressive play. He was on the ice for 61.8% of 5-on-5 shot attempts and had 29 shots on goal in six games, yet mustered one goal and three points. There was a real opportunity for the Stars to take this series, but needed a more decisive advantage in goal, particularly with Andersen running hot and cold. In the Dallas net, Kari Lehtonen stopped 146 of 165 shots (.885%) and, as it turns out, that was only a save or two short of what the Stars needed to push this series to the limit. Even though the Stars won the possession battle, they couldnt slow down Anaheims otherwordly 5-on-5, score close shooting percentage (12.7% in Round One). Now, the Ducks wait for the winner of the Sharks and Kings which will, in either case, present a daunting matchup. But, after the way the Ducks won Game Six, let em celebrate a bit first. Scott Cullen can be reached at
and followed on Twitter at
For more, check out TSN Fantasy on Facebook. ' ' '
Adv

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2019 06:53:10    Post subject: Adv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    cletus3 Forum Index -> Forum di prova All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: